**We are not celiac so were not concerned with cross contamination or with checking if our ingredients are certified. Please do so if you are wheat/gluten intolerant***
Recipe from Gluten Free Gobsmacked
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. gluten-free soy sauce
1 tsp. grated ginger (fresh ginger, not powdered)
1 tsp. minced garlic
2 Tablespoons mirin
1/2 tsp. corn starch
1. Combine the sugar, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic in a small saucepan.
2. Thoroughly combine corn starch and mirin. (Put into small bowl and stir well).
3. Add corn starch/mirin mixture to the saucepan – whisk in well.
4. Bring to a boil over medium heat (higher heat and you will burn it), stirring occasionally.
5. Reduce flame/heat and simmer until mixture forms a glaze on the back of a spoon after it is dipped in quickly. (About 4 minutes)