I hope all of you aren’t craving poweraid or gatoraide after reading the title. None of you should be drinking that stuff anyway unless you are a professional athlete…but I’ll leave the why for another post….
Any of you have your water bottle on you? Is it full? A month ago I would have said no to both questions. I am now proud to hold my full water bottle with me every where I go!
“The Institute of Medicine determined that an adequate intake (AI) for men is roughly 3 liters (about 13 cups) of total beverages a day. The AI for women is 2.2 liters (about 9 cups) of total beverages a day.
Everyone has heard the advice, “Drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day.” That’s about 1.9 liters, which isn’t that different from the Institute of Medicine recommendations. Although the “8 by 8” rule isn’t supported by hard evidence, it remains popular because it’s easy to remember. Just keep in mind that the rule should be reframed as: “Drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of fluid a day,” because all fluids count toward the daily total ”
If you are one if those people who refuse to drink water because it’s so boring you need to grow up and stop being a baby (no offense). Add lemon, cucumber, lime and mint, drink herbal tea with nothing in it. There are so many options to enjoy water and get your sufficient amount.
most of us who don’t drink water or who don’t drink enough may experience:
* Muscle cramps
* Irregular blood pressure
* Kidney problems
* Dry skin
Here are some of the symptoms that you need more water:
*Dark Urine – Dark Yellow or Orange in Color- Urine is generally pale yellow to clear when you have sufficient water intake. Dark color or strong smell indicates that you need to drink more water.
* Dry Skin-Skin is the largest body organ and requires its share of water.
* Thirst is the most obvious sign that you’re already dehydrated. It is always a good practice to drink more water when your are not thirsty, don’t wait until you’re thirsty.
*Hunger-Most people mistake hunger for the indication to eat more, whereas in actual fact, they may be dehydrated. So before you have your meal, grab a glass of water.
*Fatigue- Water is a source of energy and gives you a boost in energy.
2/3 of body is consists of water here are some of the tissues and their percent of water:
* Muscle consists of 75% water
* Brain consists of 90% of water
* Bone consists of 22% of water
* Blood consists of 83% water
Sufficient water intake allows the body to:
* Transports nutrients and oxygen into cells
* Moisturizes the air in lungs
* Helps with metabolism
* Protects our vital organ
* Helps our organs to absorb nutrients better
* Regulates body temperature
* Protects and moisturizes our joints