So I have many students who drive me crazy by saying”lol”. I just don’t understand why they don’t just laugh because it literally translates to “laugh out loud”.
Todays challenge is to take the time to laugh out loud.
Find time to talk to a friend who makes you laugh, watch a funny movie or show, or just some youtube videos. My all time favorite is marcel the shell with shoes on Click here to watch 🙂
I got the information from This website “laughter is the best medicine” I’m not really sure how medically accurate any of these are but it is interesting to read…..
Laughter is good for your health
* Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.
* Laughter boosts the immune system.Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.
* Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
* Laughter protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.
The Benefits of Laughter
Physical Health Benefits:
* Boosts immunity
* Lowers stress hormones
* Decreases pain
* Relaxes your muscles
* Prevents heart disease
Mental Health Benefits:
* Adds joy and zest to life
* Eases anxiety and fear
* Relieves stress
* Improves mood
* Enhances resilience
* Strengthens relationships
* Attracts others to us
* Enhances teamwork
* Helps defuse conflict
* Promotes group bondingLaughter and humor help you stay emotionally healthy
Laughter makes you feel good. And the good feeling that you get when you laugh remains with you even after the laughter subsides. Humor helps you keep a positive, optimistic outlook through difficult situations, disappointments, and loss.